Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Rank - Multi-Row by multi condition

AlexCraft
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, 

I have a data set that a client might match by name, NINo, post code of date of both. I am going to use the rank as the record ID to merge the record at the end. As they might not create a match in all fields, I need to work out how to give them a rank based on if one of the conditions works. I just can't work out how to get the Rank-Overall to work, so for example Record 1 & 2 would be 1,1, and then Record 3 & 4, would be 2,2 etc. If can be more than 2 records that are all the same client. So I couldn't just run a seq. 

Any help would be amazing, I tried it this way but no dice.

IF ([Rank-Name] = [Row-1:Rank-Name]) or ([Rank-Postcode] = [Row-1:Rank-Postcode]) or ([Rank-NINo] = [Row-1:Rank-NINo]) or ([Rank-Date_of_Birth] = [Row-1:Rank-Date_of_birth]) then [Row-1:Rank-Overall] else [Row-1:Rank-Overall]+1 endif

AlexCraft_0-1628077511347.png

2 REPLIES 2
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @AlexCraft ,

What is your expected output ?

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @AlexCraft,

It looks like what you have should work... make sure you are not grouping in your Multi-Row Formula tool. Here are my configuration and results after copy-pasting the formula you wrote:

clmc9601_0-1628111433058.png

I hope this helps! If it does, please consider marking it a solution so others may find it. 

If it doesn't help, I would echo Jean-Balteryx above. Could you please attach sample data and more details about your desired output?

Labels