Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rank Macro Examples

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hello Community,

Does anyone have some rank macros that they have come across and would be willing to share?

I need to perform a rank calculation for my workflow but just wondering if what I need might already be out there.

Comic TaxComic Tax

Cheers, 

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@SamDesk 

This is a general setup for adding a rank value to a dataset:

image.png

The value used to sort is really based on your business needs.

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@SamDesk Have you searched the gallery repository of workflows/macros? I found some in there that could be useful. 

For ex: Ranking with the blog post.

Digan
Alteryx
cliffjordan
8 - Asteroid

Sam, 

Here is a Rank macro that ranks columns within the same record. A little different, but often I have found the need for it.

Here are the details:

"RankMacro is a standard macro that will rank fields within a record. The user chooses the fields he wants to Rank and the direction of the Rank (Descending or Ascending). The macro creates an additional field for each of the chosen rank fields to store the Rank value. These new fields will have the same name with a "_Rank" suffix."

cliffjordan_0-1578277502701.png

You can download this from the Gallery. Here is the link: 

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/RankMacro/5e12839c8a933710f08216c2

Enjoy!

-cliff

sartkhan
5 - Atom

Cliff, i know it has been a long time since you shared the link, but can I still download the macro?

Labels