Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Range of characters search

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to implement a formula to output a specific range of defined character from a column within ranges defined below;

E00-E89 

F01-F99 

G00-G99 

H00-H59 

H60-H95 

I00-I99 

J00-J99 

K00-K95 

L00-L99 

M00-M99 

I want the formula to give me for example the values within have the following say from E00 to E89 is there a better way to do this other than writing a formula ? 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi @razzy 

could you include sample data set or example what do you want to achieve from you input?

Karolina

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @razzy - Hope I understood your requirement correctly:

ArtApa_0-1625890822854.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa This solution seem right i am not but iam not able to download the workflow can please upload again so i can see what you did, thanks for the help again.

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa  this solution seems right but i am unable to dowload the workflow to see what you did can you please uplaod the workflow again it seems like an app which i think its what i wanted.Thanks, 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @razzy - Sure. Here it is. I think there is a problem on the community, when you click a picture you cannot download an attachment. All you need is just to re-load the page ("F5").

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa 

Thanks again this is what i get when i try to download this app omes up and not the workflow.

razzy_0-1626039898822.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

can you please change the format (.yxmd)

thank you

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Thank you i fugured it out. Great.

Labels