Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Range of characters search

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to implement a formula to output a specific range of defined character from a column within ranges defined below;

E00-E89 

F01-F99 

G00-G99 

H00-H59 

H60-H95 

I00-I99 

J00-J99 

K00-K95 

L00-L99 

M00-M99 

I want the formula to give me for example the values within have the following say from E00 to E89 is there a better way to do this other than writing a formula ? 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi @razzy 

could you include sample data set or example what do you want to achieve from you input?

Karolina

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @razzy - Hope I understood your requirement correctly:

ArtApa_0-1625890822854.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa This solution seem right i am not but iam not able to download the workflow can please upload again so i can see what you did, thanks for the help again.

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa  this solution seems right but i am unable to dowload the workflow to see what you did can you please uplaod the workflow again it seems like an app which i think its what i wanted.Thanks, 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @razzy - Sure. Here it is. I think there is a problem on the community, when you click a picture you cannot download an attachment. All you need is just to re-load the page ("F5").

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ArtApa 

Thanks again this is what i get when i try to download this app omes up and not the workflow.

razzy_0-1626039898822.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

can you please change the format (.yxmd)

thank you

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Thank you i fugured it out. Great.

Labels