community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Random stop of workflow with Automation

Highlighted
Meteor

Hi,

I am randomly facing an issue with workflows schedules with Automation licence.

When I read the log file, I constat that workflow(s) have been stop in the midst of the execution.

Started running [...]\quality.yxmd at Thu Feb 7 07:12:42 2019
00:00:0.001 - Alteryx: Allocating requested dedicated sort/join memory would be more than available physical memory. Reverting to 64MB of memory.

[...]

00:08:7.815 - Warning - ToolId 311: The field "Sum_warranty_start" is not present in all inputs.

... and the log file stop here, the workflow is stopped in the scheduler, without writing the output.

I wonder if it could be due to the use of memory, which could throw some timeout error if no response.

What do you think about this hypothesis ?

Thank you for your opinion.

@erambeau I've seen that memory error message before.  It's possible that it could be involved, but there are other causes I would look into first.

What happens when you run the workflow manually:

- Do you still get a memory warning?

- Does the workflow complete?

I'm guessing that tool 311 is a union, correct?

If so, is it set up to automatically align fields or manually align fields?

Meteor

Hi,

To answer to your question, when I run manually, the workflow does complete. Hence the hypothesis that it is due do the context of execution.

And you are guessing right. We have set up an auto-configuration by name.

For this night, I changed the schedule to make this workflow to run with less other workflows in parallel. I have identified actions to optimize this workflow too. Hope it will help :)

Labels