Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Random freeze

mzwei
6 - Meteoroid

I've just installed Alteryx 2021.3.5.03604 on a Machine without internet (Admin Installation). Machine: Windows Server 2019, Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6152 CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2095 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s), 32 GB RAM

When I start Alteryx and drag the Select Tool on an empty canvas, then Alteryx is not responding for a while.

Furthermore, when working with Workflows sometimes there is a random freeze. I've already tried to disable auto configure, but the behaviour is still the same. Additionally, I saw in a workflow that the configuration for a selected tool is shown but only after a 30 sec delay.

It might be caused by some sort of metadata / configuration loading. Or the fact that it is running on a machine without internet might cause some problem. The reproducible problem with the Select Tool was also observed on prior versions of the Alteryx Designer.

What could cause this interrupts / freezes? Any idea what I could try to fix it?

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Thanks for your help.Alteryx_Freeze.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hello @mzwei 

Sorry to hear about your crashing issue!

My first guess would be that your CPU is under specification for the minimum Designer Specifications
https://help.alteryx.com/20214/designer/system-requirements

Alteryx recommend 4 cores, at 2.5GHz. This could be contributing to the issue.

Hope this helps,
TheOC

Bulien
mzwei
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @TheOC 

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry, my System Spec was not correct, there are 2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6152 CPU @ 2.10GHz, 2095 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s). So 4 Cores in total.

When I look at the Task Manager while producing the error, it does not seem to consume hardly any CPU capacity:

Alteryx_Freeze_CPU.JPG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @mzwei 

As a test I disabled my internet connection and tried to edit and run a few workflows.  I was able to do this with no freezing. 

Is it possible to connect to the internet from your server and test if the freezing still occurs?  

I would suggest opening a case with support@alteryx.com.  They'll probably want to see your Alteryx logs to see what might be causing the issue.   

Dan

mzwei
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @danilang 

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, it is not possible to allow internet connection on this machine. I had to activate the licence with the offline procedure.

I've opened a case more than 3 weeks ago - no answer so far. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers,

Marcel

Labels