Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Random Sign in Errors Using Tableau Publish tool

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

Hello Community!  I have been using the tableau publish tool for awhile and it works most of the time, but I have noticed that when I run workflows on the server that I will receive the error "Tableau Server API Request (Sign-in) Error Code 401001: Signin Error -- Error signing in to Tableau Server".

Some background on this, we have a mutli node server environment.  I have multiple workflows that are scheduled to run at the same time.  Each of them contain publish to tableau tools.  When the error occurs I just go to the gallery and run each of them again, pretty much all at the same time, with no errors.

Anyone else experience this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
koppenhe
7 - Meteor

I think the publish to Tableau tool creates a handshake prior to processing any of the workflow. Given the API limits, such as 64MB chunks, the first flow might be authenticated and forcing the other three to not login properly. Can you schedule the jobs on the server to start 30seconds or 1 minute apart? 

koppenhe
7 - Meteor
Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

@koppenhe Thank you for your help! I will give this a shot and see what happens.

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

@koppenhe 

I gave it a shot and still no dice.  It is fairly random when the error occurs.  There are some workflows that have many more tableau publish tools than others and they never have an issue.  I am now wondering if there is some corrupt code that is causing the issue.  I am going to try copying and pasting all of the tools, except for the tableau publish tool, into a new workflow and then add them back. 

Labels