community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.9

The latest release includes several enhancements designed to improve your Community experience!

Learn More

Random Sampling by Group Allocation

Meteoroid

I was using the Cust_wTransactions sample file in Alteryx to obtain a random number of samples from each group. The workflow below was able to provide me with a general ten samples for each group, however, I was stuck on trying to determine what tools I could use to change the allocation for each group based on its size in the overall sample. Thanks for your help! RandSamplingOnGroup.png

Asteroid

What is your ideal output?  You could use a sample tool and group by segment and have it return 1 in N rows where you can type in what N is (1 in 10 would be about 10% of the data per segment) , etc.

I am not sure if that was what you are aiming for?

Meteoroid

My ideal output is to be able to obtain a certain % of each sample based on the customer segment. For example, I would like 20% of Home Office based on the overall population, not the Home Office population. I was able to move onto this step (workflow attached below), but this is taking a certain percentage of each sample by its specific consumer segment size, not the overall dataset. I appreciate your help! 

Meteoroid

I also have come up with this, but it requires that you manually set the sample size for each group and does not automate the process for you. 

Labels