Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ROW TO COLUMN

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is keeping safe, i need help with transforming this dataset attached. Ideally i would want my coulmns to look like what i attached as " actual" in the sense that i want to make a the following transformation in the column field labelled name to be

"ID", "recorded_time" , "value" , "time"

For every ID that has unique values to all these fields in the data set these value are reported as the in the sheet "actual".

Please ignore the 400 values generated in the ID field the ID is the same in the data set for every unique entry.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @razzy, give this workflow a try and let us know if this satisfies your ask.

AbhilashR_0-1592012286965.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for responding, almost there but the value of the recorder time for each ID uniquely for times 1 through 6 is the same but in the workflow output it is not consistent

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

In other words the RECORDED_TIME date is the same for a given ID? If yes, then just delete the Multi-row formula tool I had in my original workflow.

AbhilashR_0-1592084501947.png

Your sample output had inconsistent dates for a given ID which confused me.

Capture.PNG

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much, its perfect!!!!

Thanks again

Labels