Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

.RECORDS file import and parseing

JKFoil
7 - Meteor

Hello

I'm struggling importing a .RECORDS file and changing the data into spreadsheet format. Can anyone help please.

Below is just one line of thousands. I don't recognize the format

First line in bold; "ASSET Class" is the field Name and "Foreign Exchange" is the value

second line in bold: "InstrumentType" is the field name and "Forward" is the value  

this seems to be the format but I Cant import. to Alteryx even in Text format

{"TemplateVersion":1,"Header":{"AssetClass":"Foreign_Exchange","InstrumentType":"Swap","UseCase":"FX_Swap","Level":"InstRefDataReporting"},"ISIN":{"ISIN":"EZD6JWPG0PG1","Status":"New","StatusReason":"","LastUpdateDateTime":"2021-06-21T00:05:38"},"Derived":{"FullName":"Foreign_Exchange Swap KRW USD 20220225","ClassificationType":"SFCXXP","CommodityDerivativeIndicator":"FALSE","IssuerorOperatoroftheTradingVenueIdentifier":"NA","ShortName":"NA/Swaps KRW USD 20220225","FXType":"FXCR","UnderlyingAssetType":"Forward-Forward Swap","NotionalCurrency":"KRW","ExpiryDate":"2022-02-25","OtherNotionalCurrency":"USD"},"Attributes":{"InstrumentISINNearLeg":"EZFD8NQ1W1M4","InstrumentISINFarLeg":"EZ4T1DPKV3S3","DeliveryType":"PHYS","PriceMultiplier":1}}

{"TemplateVersion":1,"Header":{"AssetClass":"Foreign_Exchange","InstrumentType":"Forward","UseCase":"Forward","Level":"InstRefDataReporting"},"ISIN":{"ISIN":"EZQBW7TBPPB4","Status":"New","StatusReason":"","LastUpdateDateTime":"2021-06-21T00:01:09"},"Derived":{"FullName":"Foreign_Exchange Forward CHF TND 20210622","ClassificationType":"JFTXFP","CommodityDerivativeIndicator":"FALSE","IssuerorOperatoroftheTradingVenueIdentifier":"NA","ShortName":"NA/Fwd CHF TND 20210622","FXType":"FXCR","UnderlyingAssetType":"Spot","ReturnorPayoutTrigger":"Forward price of underlying instrument"},"Attributes":{"NotionalCurrency":"CHF","ExpiryDate":"2021-06-22","OtherNotionalCurrency":"TND","DeliveryType":"PHYS","PriceMultiplier":1}}

2 REPLIES 2
JKFoil
7 - Meteor

Hello

I have resolved this part.

using :

Alteryx

Hello @KaiLarsen,

As the .json files you are reading are encoded in UTF-8, you'll need to set your Code Page setting in the Input Data tool appropriately. This should get you moving!

JKFoil_2-1624463034784.png

Since your input is being read as JSON directly, you likely won't need the JSON Parse tool (if you were reading your .json file in as a raw text file, this is when you would need something like that). Once you've got the data in you can begin to manipulate it. I found a good post that illustrates how to take the data and convert it into a more tabular format with an example if you're interested as well!

Mike Spoula
Solutions Architect - Services
Alteryx

JKFoil
7 - Meteor

Thank you mike.

I thought they were JSON files but couldn't import them. 

I now need to convert them into tab field format. can anyone help me please.

I have: but its not in tab format and also there should be thousands of them. any ideas please.

JK Foil

JKFoil_0-1624463798434.png

Labels