Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

R6016 - not enough space for thread data (Python)

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

Hi there, 

Been working on a large process for my company and have run into an issue when we try to unzip large zip files to extract the readable content.... 

The error that pops up is 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library 

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\Miniconda3\python.exe 

R6016 

- not enough space for thread data..

(I can't post a photo due to company firewall) 

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before and if they happened to know a work around to enable Alteryx + Python to not throw a space error issue.... I've done some digging and it does not look like the temp folder is being overpopulated, I've run this on a fresh restart with a force delete on everything in %temp% 

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jbravman_ 

According the MS documentation, this error is related to available memory and not available disk space.  it occurs when the OS tries to spin up a new thread, but there is isn't enough available ram. 

There's no obvious way to get around this other than closing unnecessary programs or adding RAM to your machine.

Dan

jbravman_
8 - Asteroid

Yea from what I can tell now its Windows just not being friendly. The machine that alteryx is running on isn't a potato in my eyes (Xeon/64GB RAM) but just can't add more to it since its on a server bank

Only thing that I have noticed is that when this process is running (for 1k+ files) the Task manager will easily show Alteryx utilizing 7,000,000+ private memory...  Does Alteryx not dump that memory over time or only dumps when a process is complete? 

Labels