Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

R tool stuck at 50%

stlbw
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I have some R code that's using selenium & IE to web scrape COVID cases by zip code from a local county website. It all seems to be running correctly, and when I include a print command I can see the results in the messages. However, the R tool never progresses past 50%, so I'm unable to output the data. Has anyone else had issues like this with R? Are there compatibility problems with selenium and the R 3.6.3. that's currently available in Alteryx?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
stlbw
6 - Meteoroid

At this point I can get it to work by stopping the R tool with stop.Alteryx()

I get the data I need, but this results in an error message from the R tool. Is there any way to stop the R tool without generating that error message? Or, to tell Alteryx to ignore that error somehow?

JohnHanan
5 - Atom

were you ever able to solve this issue?  I'm about to embark on a similar project.  I'm doubting that I'll be able to get a scraping schema to work from the server, but I'd like to get it to work on my work machine at least.

Labels