Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

R Tool (Shiny)

DamienMinter
8 - Asteroid

HI All,

Apologies, I not that familiar with R, but had a bit of thought and just wanted to run it past someone who might know the answer. Is it possible to use the R tool to launch an R shiny interface with data pushed in via an Alteryx workflow? - Something what I have attempted below?

I had a bit of a go, got the following, but never got it to launch

R (3) Attaching package: 'shiny'
 R (3) The following objects are masked from 'package:AlteryxPredictive':
 R (3) checkboxInput, numericInput, selectInput, textInput
 R (3) Listening on http://127.#.#.#:####

R Shiny.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
DaveF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @DamienMinter 

Did you try hitting the IP address in your browser? I ran your code and it worked perfectly.

2019-02-21_16-42-59.png

DamienMinter
8 - Asteroid

Hey Dave,

Great to hear. It is probably internal security settings at work here. I will follow up with some local technology people to see how I can get around this.

In the mean time - I will look forward to seeing some Alteryx inspired Shiny applications??? :)

pbobys
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi- I was wondering if you knew how to "send" the shiny app out of an exit anchor of the R tool?  I'm able to create a shiny dashboard with R but it's a bit of a pain to always have to copy/paste the port number to see it in a browser.  Any suggestions?  

Labels