Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

R Tool Runs until I get a macro

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

So I have an r script that ran great, which I wanted to turn into a macro(s).  Thanks to @AmeliaG, and @MarqueeCrew, I was able to get the macro built but my code no longer works.  I not get an error (using the same data) "cannot allocated vector of size 141.5 Gb. " 

The first macro constructs the formula string (fit <- glm(freq ~ State_bucket + eff_year + channel + marital_status + usage + term + pay_plan + bSpline(age, degree = 1, knots = c(27, 70)) + vehicle_type + bSpline(vehicle_age, degree = 1, knots = c(6, 17)) + bSpline(RBA, degree = 1, knots = c(2750,26750)) + bSpline(vehicle_length, degree= 1, knots = c(45)) + bSpline(Credit, degree = 1, knots = c(375)), family = quasipoisson(link="log"), data = the_data) to be inserted into the 2nd macro (r-script)

formulaconstructmacro.JPG

The second macro takes the formula string and inserts it via control parameter into the r-script.

rscript.JPG

When I run the macro though, I get the "cannot allocated vector of size 141.5 Gb. " though even though the workflow will run without being a macro.  Can anyone help me figure out why?

2 REPLIES 2
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I had a quick look but without the training data etc, it was a little hard to see. I also had to install the splines2 package. 

install.packages(c("splines2"), repos="https://cran.csiro.au/")

Is there any chance that you could package the workflow including macros etc (Options > Export Workflow), so that it's easier to see just what data is being passed and run each of the macros independently?

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, you do need splines2.  I ended up bringing the string into the r input as a data frame and copying the method used in the out of the box count regression tool to use as a formula. 

Thanks sgain for for the reply and I will use that technique next time I run a macro similar to what I have. 

Labels