Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

QuickBooks Online - API Endpoint URL

jthies004
5 - Atom

Hi Channel! 

I'm trying to pull data directly from QBO rather than export lists and import them into Alteryx. I've been able to seamlessly do this with the Salesforce Input Tool, but when trying to do this with the QuickBooks Input Tool I get stuck on the step where you need to create an API Endpoint URL. 

This is a bit above my skill level and am hoping to get some help from the community or to at least point me in the right direction! I've tried following along the Intuit Developer API documentation but it's not as intuitive as I had hoped.

I've followed these instructions linked below. 

Ideally I would be able to import a table into Alteryx and reference the data.

Thanks!

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/QuickBooks-Input-Tool/ta-p/420290?l...

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jthies004 ,

Unfortunately, the link to download the quickbooks input tool is not available anymore, so I'm not sure how the tool looks like.

But about the api endpoint URL, you need to build each request based on the api documentation and you will probably need the json parse tool to interpret the results from the downloadData

For example: If you want to query an account:

fmvizcaino_1-1617851323726.png

Your URL will be https://quickbooks.api.intuit.com/v3/company/<realmID>/query?query=<selectstatement>

Where realmID maybe is your account ID but I'm not sure where you can find it. Doesn't need to use <>

The select statement can be for example: 

select * from Account where Metadata.CreateTime > '2014-12-31'

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

jthies004
5 - Atom

Hi @fmvizcaino,

Thank you for your quick response! I was able to find the QB Input Tool but I'm struggling with understanding API Endpoint.

If I want to bring in a specific table like customer or product, I replace company for mine and replace select statement with the table I want?

Thanks!

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Exactly, @jthies004 !

Keep in mind that each information you want to extract can have a different url structure, but it is all documented.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels