Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Quick help with an Iterative Macro

WestonProhaska
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, 

I'm struggling needlessly on an iterative macro example. I know I'm missing something super simple and it's driving me nuts. 

Essentially, I have data like below:

20152016Start %End %Increment

1. I want the macro to loop through the data subtracting Increment from 2014 until it's equal to end% 

-I have the loop feed conditioned via filter of "[2014] = [End %] with the false side being looped to the iterative output. A formula tool doing the subtraction prior to the filter. 

-I would think this is sufficient to loop through and subtract repeatedly until it gets to .2. However, it keeps erroring out.

2. Is it also possible to output each of the iterations until it gets there?

I've also attached the sample of what I tried to do

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
kathleenmonks
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @WestonProhaska,

For some reason, I think the filter is not catching that they are ever equal which is probably due to some weird rounding with doubles. If you change your filter to be: Round([2014], 0.01) = Round([End %], 0.01) then the macro should exit after 4 iterations. Let me know if this works!

WestonProhaska
8 - Asteroid

I knew it was something simple! Thanks!

One more question, is there a way to have a union'd set of data of all previous iterations?

Edit: Was able to just add an output that spits out the looped feed each time, think that should work for now.

Labels