Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question regarding API (Post) JSON

Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

Hello all,

I am struggling a bit with an API call for some external data that I want to download to my workflow.

I want to download the table from the following site:
https://www.statistikdatabasen.scb.se/pxweb/sv/ssd/START__NV__NV0109__NV0109O/BNTT01/table/tableView...

It is a Swedish Publicly open site that collects information about companies.
At the bottom of the site they write how to use the API.
I am trying to use this but as I am not commonly using API in my daily work I would need some help to get this to work.

Elias_Nordlinder_0-1629900126780.png

At the moment my workflow looks like this:

Elias_Nordlinder_1-1629900318238.png

1. In the upper branch I have tried to use the Post JSON call with the current configuration, but it is not giving the right result (Even if I try to parse it later with REGEX)

Elias_Nordlinder_2-1629900386434.png Elias_Nordlinder_3-1629900404423.png

2. The second branch I try to use GET and then JSON-parse, which gives reasonable text, but it is not text from the table unfortunately.

Elias_Nordlinder_4-1629900460046.pngElias_Nordlinder_5-1629900466894.png

If someone could help out with how to configure the API-tools that would be very helpful!
As this is publicly open information for everyone to collect it should be fine to share it here 🙂 

//Thanks in advance
Elias

1 REPLY 1
Drussek
9 - Comet

Hi @Elias_Nordlinder 

You have to POST a "request" field too.

Look at attached workflow and paste your API url and "request".

Labels