Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question on comparing 2 tables for date and bringing values

MROGK
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

I have 2 tables which require to be compared based on a SHUTIN DATE >= PRD DATE and bring values from that date on. The output should contain the data starting from the SHUTIN DATE. I included both inputs and output sample in the excel sheet attached. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @MROGK ,

a JOIN tool, and a bit of date comparison using a FILTER tool should do the job.

If you join the input tables on field [UNIQ ID], you combine for each ID all dates with the respective shut in date. Now you only have to filter out the records with DATE >= SHUT IN DATE and things should be done.

In addition, you have to convert the dates to a date data type to enable comparison.

2022-06-15_13-57-38.png

Let meknow if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

MROGK
8 - Asteroid

@RolandSchubert . Thanks for the response. I cannot seem to work on my workflow. Even after the changed the data formats of dates to string and added the date time parse.. the result is NULL for both date & from date. Any suggestions? thanks 

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @MROGK ,

I think, the date conversion is not needed, if you load from Excel files. I've modified the workflow to load from Excel files, removed the tools that are not needed. Give it a try!

Best,

Roland

MROGK
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @RolandSchubert ! You simplified it further. 

Labels