Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question on Logic in Allocating Orders

Anthonny
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am trying to create logic to allocate and check which order can be fulfilled and from which WH Locations. Previously I am handling this using Excel VBA, but I need to move the logic to AlteryX, anyone have similar problem and know how to create the logic that not only check if we can fulfill the order, but also check from which WH Locations it need to be picked?

Stock Information:

Anthonny_0-1616255846293.png

Order Information:

Anthonny_1-1616255859853.png

Expected Output:

Anthonny_0-1616256776857.png

edit: make mistake in the output, fixed it

Thank you,

Anthonny

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Anthonny 

A classic resource allocation problem. Nice !!

This weekly challenge which help/guide you in solving this 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-14-Warehouse-Distribution/td-p/36743

Hope this helps 🙂

Anthonny
5 - Atom

Hello atcodeddog05,

Thank you very much for pointing me an existing challenge and solutions. I have take a look at that challenges, my problem here is that when I expand the data to include "extra" warehouses that contain the same items, the logic does not works, some Store will be getting the order fulfilled from both warehouse (thus getting double the expected Qty)

What I add here is a second warehouse that contain the same item as the Main WH:

Anthonny_0-1616325170172.png

Then the output will make some Store that require Item 1 will get double the allocations, here is the request that each store have (in this case focus on Store "F" and "H"

Anthonny_1-1616325324635.png

The output are these store will get double the allocations:

Anthonny_2-1616325393112.png

Any logic need to be adjusted here to only allocate it once?

Thanks,

Anthonny

CokeLuke
8 - Asteroid

There are duplicates for Item 1 because of the 11th row in Text Input (57). You need to alter your workflow and look at the Join (71). Because of these, first 36 rows are duplicates other than your Warehouse column and Available column.

CokeLuke_0-1616344230508.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Anthonny 

If you have multiple sources you might need an iterative macro approach. 

Anthonny
5 - Atom

Thanks for pointing me to the right directions. Managed to do this using iterative macro based on Weekly Challenge 14 files with some modifications

I attached the solutions here just in case anyone are interested/ have similar problem

Labels