Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question on Core Certification Exam

kvoelker
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I just completed my first attempt at the Core Certification exam. According to the prep course we were not supposed to have to download any data sets for the core exam. However, there were at least 3 that I had to download the excel data set to be able to answer the question. Is this supposed to happen? If so, is there somewhere we can download the data sets before the exam? Other wise it takes up my exam time to down load & view the data sets on my work computer. Please advise. 

Thanks!

Kelly

26 REPLIES 26
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@kvoelker I don't think you will find those datasets outside of the exam. I believe everyone goes through the same process. Everyone has to download the dataset and view them just like you did.

Digan
Alteryx
wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @kvoelker 

As Digan mentioned, you will always need to download the data sets during the exam. What I would advise in your scenario is, at the beginning of the exam to quickly skip through the questions to those with the data sets within them and start the downloads at the start. This should allow you to complete the remaining questions whilst those files download, then you are able to go back to these questions at the end. Good luck!

Will

kvoelker
7 - Meteor

Hi @wdavis ,

That's a great idea! Thanks so much!

Thanks again,

@kvoelker 

Maissa
7 - Meteor

Hi!

Can you please tell me how can I go back to a question in the core certification without losing too much time? 

I mean how can I go back to a specific question without going one by one ? 

Thank you in advance

New member in the community ! 

cheers,

Maissa 

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @Maissa, at the bottom of the question you should see a link 'Display previously viewed questions'...

Previous Questions.png

Maissa
7 - Meteor

Hi @markcurry 

Thank you so much ! 

Maissa
7 - Meteor

Hi again @markcurry !

Please, I have a little problem, I would be thankful if you could help me.

I failed my first attempt of the core certification on the 27th february 2020, and I waited 7 days to try again. But, today I cannot subcribe to the core certification again and they keep showing me the message that I can do my second attempt on the "03-05-2020 01:03 PM".

Now, it is 02:28 PM and still cant open my exam! 

I did not understand what happned !

thank you in advace ! 

cheers

markcurry
12 - Quasar

It's 1:03 PM in a different time zone to you, but I'm not sure which time zone.  Probably Boulder in Colarado, so you might have to wait another few hours.  Best of luck with the exam!

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Maissa

Can you please send a quick email to certification@alteryx.com?

They can help you look into this!

Thanks,
Trevor

Community Moderator
Labels