Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question in Multi-Row Formula

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Attached is my dataset, I want to use use formula in Multi-Row Formula stating that in case of the the value beside PO = NO and the value beside Invoice = Yes OR the value beside PO = Yes and the value beside Invoice = No then replace value NO with Yes only and in case of the value beside PO = NO and the value beside Invoice = No no change will happen. 

So how to do this, i have tried several times but the result i got changed all values to be Yes.

Thanks in advance

18 REPLIES 18
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar

Does this work well for you? WF appended.

Cheers,

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It was a bit of a struggle, but I managed to do it with a multi-row formula, i think...

mult row 1.png

if [Row-1:Value]='PO' and uppercase([Value])='NO' and ([Row+1:Value]='Invoice' and uppercase([Row+2:Value])='YES' or [Row+3:Value]='Invoice' and uppercase([Row+4:Value])='YES') then 'YES'

elseif [Row-1:Value]='Invoice' and uppercase([Value])='NO' and (([Row-3:Value]='PO' and uppercase([Row-2:Value])='YES') or ([Row-5:Value]='PO' and uppercase([Row-4:Value])='YES')) then 'YES'

elseif [Row-1:Value]='Invoice' and uppercase([Value])='NO' and ([Row+1:Value]='PO' and uppercase([Row+2:Value])='YES' or [Row+3:Value]='PO' and uppercase([Row+4:Value])='YES') then 'YES'

elseif [Row-1:Value]='PO' and uppercase([Value])='NO' and (([Row-3:Value]='Invoice' and uppercase([Row-2:Value])='YES') or ([Row-5:Value]='Invoice' and uppercase([Row-4:Value])='YES')) then 'YES'

else [Value] endif

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Thableaus, i have noticed that the value of Actual Attendee was NO and after WF become as Yes so can you check this pls as i want PO, Invoice values only to be changed. 

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Mostafa_Anwar I'm sorry.

Here is final solution. WF appended.

Cheers,

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Thableaus, i tried to apply WF but didn't work so How to apply your WF on this attached datasets 

In case of the the value beside PO = NO and the value beside Invoice (Post Event) = Yes OR the value beside PO = Yes and the value beside Invoice (Post Event) = No then replace value NO with Yes only and in case of the value beside PO = NO and the value beside Invoice (Post Event) = No no change will happen

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar

See solution attached. Don't forget to replace the path to your original dataset.

Cheers,

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Thableaus, I have reviewed the output but it seems that the WF didn't work as per the attached screenshotUntitled.jpg

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Mostafa_Anwar

Sorry I forgot to put another condition on there.

Try this one. Now it's going to work!

Cheers,

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Many Thanks Thableaus, Truly appreciated.... The provided WF make my life easy now :) and bring me 

Last help please, Sorry i forgot to highlight this before, Is it possible to add another condition in the provided WF to be as per details below:

In case of Value called Approval :NA then the Value beside  Approval to be change from NO to be NA

Also In case of Value called Approval :NA then the Value beside  Approval to be change from NO to be NA

Attached is the modified dataset.

Many thanks in advance,   

Labels