Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question: How to always pickup the first data?

Ibx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi:

Here is the scenario:

I am generating a work sheet and I want to add $1 to the first account.  Sometimes the first account could be, for example, account number 1111; sometimes the first account could be account number 1112.

How should I write this expression in the Formula Tool?  Or is there another tool that I could use to perform this?

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
MSalvage
11 - Bolide

@Ibx,

I think the easiest way to do this is to use  a mixture of the sort and record ID tools. I am not sure what you mean by add $1 is that a string you want to add to the account name or do you want to add $1.00 to the accounts sales? Anyway Attached is a workflow that has two possible solutions either way it should get you down the right path.

Best,

MSalvage

Ibx
6 - Meteoroid

Hi.  For some reasons I can't open the file.  Could you briefly summarize the tool or the expression that you used?  I could figure out after.

I am trying to add $1 to the first account balance in the output worksheet.

MSalvage
11 - Bolide

@Ibx,

Bummer about the file not opening. I basically threw in a record ID tool then a formula that was :

Ibx Formula Config.PNG

You just need to make sure the data is sorted the way you want it before adding the record ID tool. Image below.

Ibx workflow.PNG

Hope this helps,

MSalvage

Ibx
6 - Meteoroid

Yep my version is outdated and I need a system admin to upgrate.

Anyway.  I tried your solution.  It's GREAT.

Labels