Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Question For Multi Row Formula

bmay10
7 - Meteor

I am asking for help with the "Multi-Row Formula."

From most examples, they show how to fill in rest of the cells that are missing. 

But, this situation is a little bit different. 

The highlighted section is where I am trying to fill in "North" by Region and "1,000" by Grand Total.  

I know a Transform tool can fix the problem, but I am trying to figure out how to use the "Multi Row Formula" tool.

Currently, it is showing false on the "Variable" row. Sometimes, it shows "True." I have been working on it for some time and I am trying really hard to get this working.

bmay10_0-1613158354416.png

bmay10_1-1613158945952.png

There is an attachment for the example. 

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @bmay10 ,

This is probably a question that should go in the Designer discussion page but I will try and answer it here.

There is no need for a multi-row formula tool I reckon, a simple formula tool would do it. Try to edit the [Variable] column and the formula should be

IF [Title]="Region" then "North"
ELSEIF [Title]="Grand Total" THEN "1,000"
ELSE [Variable]
ENDIF

But I think the issue here might also be that the field [Variable] is a Bool data type, so probably you should consider changing that to a string

AngelosPachis_0-1613330301820.png

Hope that helps,

Cheers

Angelos

bmay10
7 - Meteor

Thank you. Yeah, it was cause it was setup as a bool, not as a double. 

Labels