Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Query lost when upgrading from 10.6 to 11.5

saubert
9 - Comet

Hello.

I meet some big trouble when I upgrade a workflow from Alteryx 10.6 to 11.5. I lost the query in my input box.query lost.jpg

I do not reproduce it when I work with an alias.

Did you get the same trouble? Is it a known issue?

6 REPLIES 6
DanC

Hi @saubert,

Thank you for submitting your question. I see that you are connecting to your database using ODBC. Can you tell me which database you are connecting to?

Thank you.

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
saubert
9 - Comet

I tested with two connections :
-simba for Hadoop
-vertica

Best Regards

jermanus89
5 - Atom

hi, do u have any solution to this issue? we recently migrated Alteryx from 10.6 to 11.5 and we face same issue of sql query getting disappeared in the ODBC connection of input data.

jermanus89
5 - Atom

Recommendations from Alteryx and it worked.

There is a known issue that causes this behavior when upgrading from a 10 version to an 11 version. Although there is not a patch, the good news is that there is a way to edit the workflows so that the behavior no longer occurs. A semi-colon needs to be added to the end of your connection string so that Alteryx can distinguish between the connection string and the query. This needs to be done on the old versions of the workflows, prior to being saved in 11.5. If you have saved the workflow in 11.5 and no longer have an older version of the workflow available, you can either delete the input tool and re-create the connection from scratch, or attempt to recover an auto-saved version. 

Here are your options for editing your old workflows:

If you happen to still have a 10 version, you can open your workflows in the older version and add a semi-colon to the end of the connection string.

If you don't have the older version still available, and if you are comfortable editing the file manually, you can open up the file with a text editor, and add a semi-colon just before the pipe, or change it to three pipes.

connection string | query becomes connection string ;| query or connection string ||| query

saubert
9 - Comet

Yes, we found this turnaround ourselves but given the high number of workflow (about thousand), we had a nogo for the update and we're waiting for a correction.

saubert
9 - Comet

It's now corrected by Alteryx since 2018.1

Labels