Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Query: MB rules

Rahul_Thakur
5 - Atom

Unable to select multiple independent variables while executing MB rules. Do we need to concatenate all Independent variables and then execute the rule in MB Rules?

4 REPLIES 4
SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Rahul_Thakur. Thank you for the question! The MB Rules Tool accepts two different input data formats. 

One option is to format your input data as records that contain a single item identifier along with an identifies for the transaction the item was contained within:

2018-07-09_15-46-52.png

2018-07-09_15-48-57.png

The other option is to concatenate your items into a single field, so that each row represents a single transaction, and the selected field is the concatenated items:

2018-07-09_15-49-50.png

2018-07-09_15-49-33.png

Does this answer your question? If not, please let me know where I misunderstood you and I would be happy to help you (Screenshots and Workflows are always helpful :) ). Also, please be sure to check out our help documentation for the MB Rules Tool.

Thank you!

StephanieLee
5 - Atom

Hi Dark, 

I am trying to do the MB rules, but something is wrong with the Configuration. I have a data set with two different variables : customer ID and product purchased. But there is only one option from the "select the transaction key field" drop down. I wonder what's wrong with it? Thank you so much!456.png123.png

123.png

SydneyF
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @StephanieLee,

Is the data type on your Customer ID field a string or numeric? I believe that the column needs to be a string data type to show up as an option in the MB Rules tool. Can you try using a Select tool to change your data type, and see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks,

Sydney

StephanieLee
5 - Atom

Hi Sydney, 

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It works!!

Best, 

Stephanie

Labels