Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Qlik Sense Or PowerBi? Which one works better with Ateryx?

JessicaLiang
5 - Atom

hi Everyone, 

I have a practical and common question here: 

From the  app development and user friendly perspective, which one works better with Alteryx ? I am sure many business face the same choice some insightful ideas will be highly appreciated !

Thank you very much 

Best Regards 

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JessicaLiang 

Others may be able to chime in with their perspective, but in theory it shouldn't matter which one as it relates to being used alongside Alteryx. I have used both in prior companies as the visualization layer after a workflow and had no issues with integration. You can either land your data in a database table at the end of a workflow that is consumed by a load script, or you can use the Output to PowerBI tool and land it in the PowerBI instance directly. 

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Can I say Tableau ? 🙂

I've never used Qlik or PBI, but Alteryx is really used in the data prep process with output to a database.  That said, Alteryx can publish directly to Tableau (Server & Online) and also has a PBI output tool now.

Clients I work with like that Tableau is fast, visual and (mostly) code-free and Alteryx ticks all those boxes as well.

Labels