Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

QUESTION: Formula that divides a field by the Sum of unique IDs within another field

Czaggy
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone,

I have the following table and want to calculate the Individual Task Work for every Resource - I do this by taking the total "Work Hours" for that ID and divide it by the number of resources with that Task ID. This should be replicated for all Tasks.

A task with only one resource should therefore have Work Hours = Task Work Individual.

Task IDResource NameWork HoursTask Work IndividualMy desired Output
1Maria20Work Hours / Count(Task ID)5
1Julia20Work Hours / Count(Task ID)5
1Peter20Work Hours / Count(Task ID)5
1Jeff20Work Hours / Count(Task ID)5
2Bob30Work Hours / Count(Task ID)10
2Amanda30Work Hours / Count(Task ID)10
2Rachel30Work Hours / Count(Task ID)10

However I have troubles with the formula. I thought about using the multi-row-formula but I have never worked with that before.

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,

Markus

1 REPLY 1
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Czaggy,

You could use a summarise tool to count the number of Task ID's, join this back and create a calculation to get your desired result:

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels