Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python tool loses code

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Has anybody else lost their Python code? It has happened to me twice. I go to run my workflow and see that my few hundred lines of code have been deleted and replaced with the standard default:

Capture.PNG

74 REPLIES 74
machazthegamer
7 - Meteor

I experienced same issue yesterday, after saving workflow and notebook before closing. These flaw should be documented as a known issue because i would have lost a week's worth of work had it not been for a prior version of the workflow was saved elsewhere.

robertsd
6 - Meteoroid

I have also experienced this issue.. did anyone get a definitive answer?

I was able to see my notebook code each day for about a week, but several weeks later I opened my workflow and my code is gone. I installed Anaconda since I last saw my code in the Alteryx Jupyter notebook, and wondered if the Anaconda install wiped out the Alteryx Jupyter notebooks, but don't think that is likely. 

dschneider1
7 - Meteor

Adding my two cents here, I have been experiencing this issue as well... it is very frustrating. I have experienced what you attached where the code is reset, but more recently I have been more often having the problem where the tool gives its "click the workflow to initiate the tool" message, but I can never start the tool after clicking, even after waiting some time after clicking back on the python tool, and so the code is inaccessible.

AngelaO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A defect has been created for the issue and submitted to the Alteryx Team.

If code is still in the workflow then you should be able to access it through the XML view of the workflow (not from Python tool itself).

IT will be stored between <Notebook> and </Notebook>.

Customer Support Engineer
Chrispy
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the update @AngelaO!

At this point, I'm assuming it's too early to have an ETA for when the issue will be fixed and patched?

PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Chrispy,

It is fixed as part of 2018.4 so I would say a few weeks.

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx

Chrispy
7 - Meteor

Christmas is coming early then - thank you @PaulN!

robertsd
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the update!

Nidhin
8 - Asteroid

Hi @PaulN

I am currently using 2018.4 version.But still face thsi issue.

I tried saving the designer as well as clicking the save button in the plugin.

Once i close the workflow and open it,the script is lost.

Please advice.

Thanks

Nidhin

etzele
8 - Asteroid

I am using Alteryx 2018.4 and still face this issue.

When I close the workbook and reopen it everything seems fine, but as soon as I restart Alteryx (or the PC) the Python Code is entirely lost.

Cheers

Erik

Labels