Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python tool and macro with python tool : error 404 Not found

bettingf
5 - Atom

Hi,
I'm using Alteryx 2019.2.
I have an issue with the python tool displaying a "404 Not Found" error instead of the notebook.
Step to reproduce :
1- create a macro using the python tool component and save it. (up to here no problem)

2- create a new workflow and add a python tool component. write some code for it. (still no problem here)

3- add an instance of the macro you created to the workflow. Here you can see the start of the problem. If you go to the python tool it displays the notebook but the code disappeared for the default code !

altbug2.JPG

4- save your workflow and open it again. The notebook of the python tool doesn't even display any more. error 404.

altbug3.JPG
Has anybody a way to avoid that bug ?
Thanks,
Franck

6 REPLIES 6
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @bettingf 

I've tried to recreate the issue that you have in several different ways, with no luck.  Perhaps its a version dependent issue.  I'm on 2020.2.2.27092.  What version are you running.

Can you reproduce the error from scratch?

Dan  

bettingf
5 - Atom

Hi Dan,

Yes I can reproduce the issue from scratch following the steps I described (or loading any other macro that contains a python component in the steps, not just the one I attached to the message as an example). Did you try to load the attached workflow ? What does it say for you ?

I'm using Alteryx 2019.2.8.18607. As far as I read there are even more issues with the python module on more recent versions, so I'm surprised you cannot reproduce that.

Thanks,

Franck

Inactive User
Not applicable

This happens to me too, every time I load up a workflow that is stored locally on my desktop. It doesn't happen if I leave the tool in production mode. If I leave it in production mode but then try to switch it to the notebook I get a 404 error. This is very annoying and I have to recreate the tool (keep the code stored in a comment bubble) every time I load up the workflow.

I am on 2020.3.9.30296

TPR
6 - Meteoroid

Did you find a resolution to this problem?

Not applicable
No, the only ugly workaround I've found is to encapsulate every python script in its own macro, leaving me with lots of unnecessary macros. And even then macros don't seem to work properly with Alteryx gallery. If I load a workflow from the gallery and wait too long, regularly the Alteryx is not able to find the macro any more since it only stores it in a temporary file. That forces me to regularly recreate the macro when I work on the workflow (which is still better than loosing all my code with this 404 error).
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

The way I resolved this: make sure that "Disable Auto Configure" is unchecked in your User Settings.

PhilipMannering_0-1629053830608.png

Labels