We are updating the requirements for Community registration. As of 7/21/21 all users will be required to register a phone number with their My Alteryx accounts. If you have already registered, you will be prompted on your next login to add your phone number.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Python tool Alteryx.read and Alteryx.write error : Cached data unavailable

SalmaBenTarjem
5 - Atom

Hello Community, 

I have been trying to add input/ouput with the read and write script lines to the  Python tool, the following error occurs : 

Cached data unavailable -- run the workflow to make the input data available in Jupyter notebook (\\Mac\Home\Desktop\Missions\Dassault prédictif\Playground - Alteryx\Data\jupyterPipes.json)

Capture d’écran 2020-10-15 193907.png

the error suggests to run the flow, I did that several times, no change. The strange thing is that when I isolate the 'Alteryx.read("#1") alone in another python tool ( see following picture) it works well :

Capture d’écran 2020-10-15 193934.png 

This error occurred for the "Alteryx.write" as well and I have tried to downgrade Alteryx version from 2020.3 to 2020.2, it didn't resolve the problem. It's quite random. Does anyone have idea how to resolve this and why is it occurring ? 

Best Regards, 

Salma Ben Tarjem

2 REPLIES 2
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SalmaBenTarjem , can you please share us a sample workflow. Thanks.

SalmaBenTarjem
5 - Atom

@WilliamR, When testing the problem, the error seems to occur when we redefine a directory in the python code with the 'os.chdir()', It is possible to work without this commande in the code as a temporary solution, is there an explanation or a better solution ? I leave you attached an example of the workflow.

To be able to reproduce the error please change the file path to a valid one inside the os.chdir()

Thank you. 

Labels