community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Python Tool : "%1 is not a valid Win32 application"

Atom

Hello,

Python tool is not working when I run the workflow, displaying this message : "Failed to run Jupyter workbook : %1 is not a valid Win32 application"

It works fine however when I open the python tool configuration and run some code lines.

I work in a 64-bit environment and I have installed Alteryx 64-bit version.

What should I do?

Thank you for your help.

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Nzen13

I would check your Program Files x86 folder for any Python instances that are using 32-bit applications. Having multiple Python instances might confuse Alteryx as it might also affect the PATH environment variables. I would just double check these things and see if you can temporarily uninstall them to see if they are the culprit.

Cheers,

Mike

Atom

Hi @MichaelF

Thank you for your answer,

I have never installed anything related to Python before ; but it might be important to mention that I installed Alteryx in D:\Program Files\Alteryx, and not in my C:\

Could it be that I need to update my PATH variable to include the path to Python Jupyter tool? If so, what is the path to add ?

In my path variable, the only thing related to Alteryx is R (for the R tool) : D:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.3.2\bin\x64

Thank you very much

NZ

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Nzen13

Do you happen to have a workflow with the code that you can share?

I believe this might due to you using "%1" as part of your code, which will actually break your python tool instance. If you've done this already, I strongly recommend re-installing Alteryx.

Cheers,

Mike

Atom

Hello @MichaelIF

There is currently nothing in my code, just the default lines when I place the tool

Capture.PNG

It systematically breaks when I run the workflow (however, the code works inside the tool, when I run the cells)

I will try re-installing, thanks for the suggestions

Have a good day

NZ

Labels