Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python Tool Doesn't Output Data

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

After opening a ticket with Support, I think that I figured out the issue myself.

Symptom: I was executing a python script via the python tool, but no output was displaying.

I tried changing from Interactive to Production and saw a message that included my temp directory (on drive d:).  I found another problem, you can't run production mode if you're using a d: temp drive.  At least that was my error message interpretation.

Resolution:  Change your temp directory to C: to get the python tool to output data.  That isn't going to work for me or my clients as we don't write to the C: drive.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
5 REPLIES 5
Paulteryx
11 - Bolide

This is good to know for server deployments where C: is typically under provisioned with respect to space.

LarryR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Please attach your workflow.

I tested it installed on my D drive. This should work fine.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

here's the workflow...  running this script:

from ayx import Alteryx
df = Alteryx.read("#1")

Alteryx.write(df,1)

i get 404 errors when i toggle between c: and d: for temp.... very un-alteryx-y

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
LarryR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

2 issues:

1) The tempDir set in engine cannot have spaces if you use a Python Tool. My bad... we missed this. I'll add this to our backlog and hopefully fix it in 19.2 
2) You CANNOT change the tempDir after the JupyterServer starts up. This starts the 1st time you click on a Python/Jupyter tool and the server jupyter webpage comes up. Once you do that... you are stuck with that tempdir unless you restart alteryx. This is going to be a much harder issue to fix.

KorkuSep
7 - Meteor

the solution to the Alteryx Python output problem is with numpy package, the key is to call the np.bool = np.bool_ after you import numpy into your notebook as seen in the image attached. This should solve problem 😎.

Labels