Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python Tool Alteryx.write() error

lrhodig
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm using the Python Tool to create a dataframe from some .xlsx files, and I am trying to use Alteryx.write() to get this dataframe into the rest of my workflow.

Everything looks fine with the dataframe:

wsmmhc_luker_0-1603488660478.png

But when I try to run the workflow, with Alteryx.write(df, 1) as the final step,  I receive the following error:

Cached data unavailable -- run the workflow to make the input data available in Jupyter notebook (C:\Users\luker\Documents\alteryx_projects\activations_by_industry\monthly_reports_ws\1_xlsx_files\jupyterPipes.json)

There's no input data going to the Python Tool though - the workflow is just a Python Tool and a Browse Tool - so I'm not sure why this error is occurring. I'd appreciate any help!

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Looks a bit similar of an issue to this post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Python-tool-Alteryx-read-and-Alteryx-w...

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
lrhodig
5 - Atom

Thanks!

Taking out os.chdir() and instead using the full file path to define the dataframe did fix this problem.

Labels