Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python Tool Alteryx.write() error

lrhodig
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm using the Python Tool to create a dataframe from some .xlsx files, and I am trying to use Alteryx.write() to get this dataframe into the rest of my workflow.

Everything looks fine with the dataframe:

wsmmhc_luker_0-1603488660478.png

But when I try to run the workflow, with Alteryx.write(df, 1) as the final step,  I receive the following error:

Cached data unavailable -- run the workflow to make the input data available in Jupyter notebook (C:\Users\luker\Documents\alteryx_projects\activations_by_industry\monthly_reports_ws\1_xlsx_files\jupyterPipes.json)

There's no input data going to the Python Tool though - the workflow is just a Python Tool and a Browse Tool - so I'm not sure why this error is occurring. I'd appreciate any help!

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Looks a bit similar of an issue to this post https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Python-tool-Alteryx-read-and-Alteryx-w...

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
lrhodig
5 - Atom

Thanks!

Taking out os.chdir() and instead using the full file path to define the dataframe did fix this problem.

Labels