Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python SDK unpredictable ii_push_records.

AaronKinney2
6 - Meteoroid

Scenario

In our SDK we are implementing 2 child classes rather than 1 class in the SDK examples:

• The first class implements username, password and database from an incoming connector.
  • The second class retrieves a sql statement from an incoming connector.

These two classes were set up to return their values using get statements that are implemented in the pi_close. In the pi_close, a connection to a database is made using these methods and the results are pushed downstream. It was out assumption that the two ii_push_records would have executed by the time the pi_close ran.

What we are seeing

What we are experiencing is that one of the child ii_push_records is running  followed by the pi_close. After these two are processed, the second ii_push_record is processing. Since the body of our code is being executed in pi_close, only half of what we need is present on execute. 

Is this a bug? We wouldnt expect to see the pi_close fire prior to the second ii_push_record.

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@AaronKinney2,

No solution I can provide, however, you may have more success posting this question in the DEV board.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Dev-Space/bd-p/developer-discussions

AaronKinney2
6 - Meteoroid

I really appreciate you pointing that out. I have moved it.

Labels