Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python Output not Working - There is no valid metadata for the outgoing connection 1.

Jayordan
7 - Meteor

I am trying to have an python tool output to 1 output. I am getting an error such a "there is no valid metadata for the outgoing connection 1. Run the workflow to generate the valid meta data.  I see this response after I run the workflow.  Any help would be awesome!  I have tried numerous things, found this simple script via the discussion forum from another user, but am not able to resolve it as they did.  

Python ScriptPython ScriptWorkflowWorkflow

I've attached the file to the post.

18 REPLIES 18
sarthak143
5 - Atom

@Jayordan 

Thank you for the prompt reply. I will try to do the same. 

jsoler
7 - Meteor

@Jayordan

Which version are you using?

thanks, 

sarthak143
5 - Atom

I am using 2018.3.

jsoler
7 - Meteor

I am using the 2019.1 and I am having this issue.

sarthak143
5 - Atom

Are you still facing the issue? 

Jayordan
7 - Meteor

I remembered what they did in support.  On the alteryx system settings there is a bug in Python, you have to change the settings from Alteryx\Global Workspace to this Alteryx\GlobalWorkspace.  NO SPACES.  and it worked for me.

yixuankang
6 - Meteoroid

You able to share step-by-step instructions on how to fix the problem? I kinda really need this fixed, the error doesn't bother me normally but it does not allow me to publish into the gallery

dpeach
5 - Atom

FYI, if anyone is still dealing with this, it's a known bug that they aren't doing anything about. I can't comment on newer versions as we're on 2018.4.8.  Can't just upgrade as we have Gallery on an older version and aren't ready to upgrade yet.

Here is the response from support:

Alteryx Python Expert

"Thanks for the update, and unfortunately that error is expected behavior between workflow runs. Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this case."

I then followed up with asking "why":

"It is giving that error because Alteryx is doing a soft push for the metadata but unfortunately it is as designed."

Pretty poor design/implementation/excuse if you ask me. Python in many cases supplements Alteryx very well, and they are making it unnecessarily difficult to integrate the two. 

juvillalobos
6 - Meteoroid

Still having this issue (march 2024) 

Labels