Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python Error - CLSIDtopackagemap

yunpeng
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alteryx,

I'm suddenly running into CLSIDtopackagemap when trying to run pywin32 related package (like xlwings or win32com.client). The issue appeared on both Alteryx and Anaconda3 IDE (spyder) I'm using. Previously pywin32 was functioning just fine.

import xlwings

ExcelApp = xlwings.App

AttributeError: module 'win32com.gen_py. (lots of numbers as I'm manually typing the msg)' has no attribute CLSIDtoPackageMap

It happenes right after calling the API. I googled a bit and was able to fix the issue for Anaconda3 using this solution, but issue still persists on Alteryx. I've tried un-installing this package, un-installing Alteryx but none of them worked. 

Suspect Alteryx might have a different working folder (miniconda environment) hence why the solution didn't work for Alteryx but did for Anaconda3. But please let me know! Thanks!

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52889704/python-win32com-excel-com-model-started-generating-erro... 

1 REPLY 1
yunpeng
8 - Asteroid

Figured out my question and hopefully this helps in case someone runs into similar error

There are 2 'site-packages' folder under minconda folder in Alteryx installation folder. One is under Lib and the other is under envs-jupyter-lib. Delete all pywin32 and win32 related folder and re-install pywin32. It worked

Labels