Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Push info to outlook calendar

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Hi,

I am trying to get a feed of data from our PTO tracking system and push it to people's calendars automatically.

Not sure it can be done, and I dont know a ton about Outlook's inner workings, but basically we enter PTO data in multiple places and I would like to minimize that if possible.

Maybe output it as an .ics file?

If anyone has thoughts on this, please let me know here and/or find me in Nashville next week.  :)

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@DanielG 

I was able to successfully add an .ics file as an attachment to the email tool, and the email + attachment went through successfully. I originally had to create the .ics file directly from Outlook. You could use Alteryx to modify the meeting as well. An .ics file is just a document that contains text for the information of the "meeting", so you can read the .ics file in as .csv with "none" as the delimiter and alter the information within it if you wish.  

IcsTest.png

Thanks @JeffF  for the input on this one. 

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
DanielG
12 - Quasar
Thanks!!!
Labels