Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pulling in multiple files from DIFFERENT FOLDERS into an Alteryx Macro

mifrahm
8 - Asteroid

I have a monthly process I am looking to automate, where I pull in files from three different folders under the big parent folder dir\\mockusername\mockapplication_metrics/ .... With my current workflow, only 2020 information is pulled in. I believe it is my macro, which only shows 2020 data as the problem. What should I do so that my workflow runs and is bringing in data from 2019-2021? 

These are large data sets so combining them all into one excel sheet is not ideal. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If you check the "Include subdirectories" in the directory tool, then you should be able to create your list of files to read into the macro without having to use multiple directory tools.  That's the first thing I would do.  What your macro will do is simply read in, one by one, whatever files are you are giving to it.  Would have to see some more configurations to troubleshoot, like your macro configuration in your workflow, as well as the settings of the macro itself (the gear icon in the macro).  But maybe the above will be enough to help you out.

Labels