Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pulling energy data off of invoices converted to excel

rvuich
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, I am working on taking energy usage data off of PDF invoices that I have converted into excel files. I want to be able to have a workflow that can pull energy usage data (ie, therms or kWh) from the excel files. Is this possible in Alteryx? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @rvuich 

Yes this should be possible assuming that the data is in a somewhat consistent format. If you have a sample excel file it would be easier to say how easy or complex it would be. You could also consider looking into the intelligence suite's computer vision tools, which can scan the PDFs and potentially cut the excel conversion out of your process (it is an additional license cost, though).

rvuich
7 - Meteor

Hi Luke, here's a sample invoice. I don't know how similar they will be, given that we will be pulling invoices from all over the country. 

Thanks!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Could you post a .pdf (or part of a .pdf) it might be easier to use some of the off the rack.pdf tools or rig something up in R.

rvuich
7 - Meteor

Hi, here is an invoice. Thanks!

Labels