Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pulling dates and amounts out of strings of text

davisjayhawk
5 - Atom

Hello,

I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction here. I am trying to split up this long column of text and am having some issues. I have marked how this column needs to split up in the first row, and as you can see I have successfully pulled out some of the information I need. I think pulling the first three words of the description is satisfactory enough if there isn't an easier way to pull all of the text into a new column. Could someone give me tips on how to pull the second date and both values out of this text column into separate columns?

Thanks!

davisjayhawk_0-1584566324028.png

3 REPLIES 3
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You have the correct idea of using RegEx to parse this out! Essentially, you need to delimit based on the patterns. In your case, you can tell Alteryx the first field is letters, the second is a date, the third is a date, etc.

Are you able to post a sample of the data to work with?

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

A couple of solutions attached...

PhilipMannering_0-1584568360023.png

Hope this helps.

Philip

davisjayhawk
5 - Atom

Phillip thank you So much!!!

That will work perfectly for me!

Thank you!