Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pulling date before specific text within string

krichardson29
5 - Atom

I have a dataset that contains a notes sections for each record. The notes can vary in size but are similar to the following: 

SCOPE: (): 11/10/20 22:20: NT changed from "ACB" to "null" via business logic|NICK SMITH: (NS34): 10/23/20 14:47: Fail Reason changed from "null" to "Incorrect Address" via web edit |LMC: (): 10/16/20 23:33: NC changed from "null" to "XKY0" 

I am trying to pull the date before the bolded text whenever that specific bolded text appears, but am struggling to do so. I would like to have a new column that has the date populated if the notes contain the bolded text so that I can know when it occurred. 

2 REPLIES 2
kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @krichardson29 ,

You could try to use a RegEx tool to Parse the date just prior to the text you put in bold. The below regex statement looks like it'll work for you, but let me know if it doesn't.

(\d{2}\/\d{2}\/\d{2}\s\d{2}\:\d{2})\:\sFail Reason changed from "null" to "Incorrect Address" via web edit

kayers_0-1606256435066.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@krichardson29 
Developed the RegEx based on @kelsey_kincaid 

1125-krichardson29.PNG

Labels