Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pulling data from Linear Regression report output

mdoo
5 - Atom
I'm using the Linear Regression tool and would like to continue to use some of it's output. Specifically, fields from the coefficients table such as intercept. Is there a way to do this?
16 REPLIES 16
mseelan
7 - Meteor

Hi @DrDan, this was very useful, how to insert a code to retrieve the fitted values from the linear regression model? help with this would be much appreciated

Thanks

mark

mseelan
7 - Meteor

Hi @DrDan , this was truly very useful, how do we retrieve the fitted values from the linear regression model? help with this would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mark

dshay248
7 - Meteor

Thanks for this thread, it really has been very useful.  

@DrDan I am using the logistic regression, but the R-squared and adjusted R-squared values do not appear in the second output.

Any reason for that?

Thanks for the input.

DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Because R-squared values and adjusted R-squared values are not applicable to logistic regression models, so are not contained in the model object. We report a measure that is motivated by R-squared, and has several different names, one of which is "McFadden R-Squared" (which is the term we use for the Logistic Regression report). R does not provide this measure directly, but we calculate it from the null and model deviance values that are reported.

Dan

dshay248
7 - Meteor

Thanks a mil, makes much more sense now.  

Is there a way to write the Deviance Residuals table and the McFadden R-Squared value to a table output as well? 

kris-2
6 - Meteoroid

Is it possible to sort the variables according to p-value from lowest to highest? I added the code below but it doesn't seem to work.

coef <- mod.obj[order(mod.obj[,4]), ]   

Tykher
5 - Atom

Thank you, you beautiful man

Labels