Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pulling data from Linear Regression report output

mdoo
5 - Atom
I'm using the Linear Regression tool and would like to continue to use some of it's output. Specifically, fields from the coefficients table such as intercept. Is there a way to do this?
16 REPLIES 16
mseelan
7 - Meteor

Hi @DrDan, this was very useful, how to insert a code to retrieve the fitted values from the linear regression model? help with this would be much appreciated

Thanks

mark

mseelan
7 - Meteor

Hi @DrDan , this was truly very useful, how do we retrieve the fitted values from the linear regression model? help with this would be much appreciated

Thanks

Mark

dshay248
7 - Meteor

Thanks for this thread, it really has been very useful.  

@DrDan I am using the logistic regression, but the R-squared and adjusted R-squared values do not appear in the second output.

Any reason for that?

Thanks for the input.

DrDan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Because R-squared values and adjusted R-squared values are not applicable to logistic regression models, so are not contained in the model object. We report a measure that is motivated by R-squared, and has several different names, one of which is "McFadden R-Squared" (which is the term we use for the Logistic Regression report). R does not provide this measure directly, but we calculate it from the null and model deviance values that are reported.

Dan

dshay248
7 - Meteor

Thanks a mil, makes much more sense now.  

Is there a way to write the Deviance Residuals table and the McFadden R-Squared value to a table output as well? 

kris-2
6 - Meteoroid

Is it possible to sort the variables according to p-value from lowest to highest? I added the code below but it doesn't seem to work.

coef <- mod.obj[order(mod.obj[,4]), ]   

Tykher
5 - Atom

Thank you, you beautiful man

Labels