Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pulling amount from a standardized excel file to match to a cell ID

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have a table with list of projects and costs and I need to grab the sum from each column and match it to a cell ID that that value will be entered or imported in too a application I am using. For instance if from one excel file I am grabbing the 900,000 and I want to match it to the first cell ID below that is listed in a second excel file. I just started using alteryx but my thought was to map the cell ID with corresponding values I needed to be entered in that Cell ID and ask alteryx to sum all amounts below that column heading. 

Although one of the values will be require a formula to add/subtract multiple amounts and attach to the correct cell id

mabdulh1_1-1573157942860.png

mabdulh1_3-1573158102512.png

Please ask for clarification if needed but I wasn't sure how to ask the question.

5 REPLIES 5
bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @mabdulh1 ,

from what i understand i believe the attached workflow is what you are looking for. 

i hope this helps!

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid
This definitely gives me an idea of how to do the whole workflow im trying to create. would i have to branch off a formula tool from the summarize to lets say take the item 4 lets says minus item 2 plus item 3 and then reconnect to the main branch where it will be matched to a cell id.

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid
I guess to clarify its not as clear cut where column 1 is going to the first cell id but i could just manually rearrange since the cell id file can be applied always for this workflow to suit how the data im summarizing comes in
bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

Column 1 is being joined together with the first cell using the record ids. 

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid
I guess my question is if i wanted to join the sum of column 1 with the 2nd cell id on the list for instance instead the first one like it does in the workflow u created
Labels