community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Pulling Polygon From MySQL as Blob

Fireball

We have a database with a bunch of polygons stored that I would like to be able to grab. They are all in blob format, and I'm not sure how to convert that to a SpatialObj in Alteryx. Blob Convert tool so far doesn't seem to be helping much. 

Blob convert can convert it to Base64 binary data and it spits out a string like "AAAAAAEDAAAAAQAAAAcAAAC7Dz3v2mhUwPJXuOSNhURA0BKX1ExfVMAehsAEuHlEQD5woizKUlTA
8vlUFGCSREA2Q5inRVdUwE85xt30oERAfj+3kDFhVMDlMaR4nZ5EQFOGkiowaVTA2vOiYmuTREC7
Dz3v2mhUwPJXuOSNhURA"

but from there I'm stumped. Anyone done this before? Thanks!

Alteryx Partner

I'm having the exact same problem.  Did you ever get resolution?

Highlighted
Fireball

I never did, and I'm only just now realizing that this post is a whole year old!

I've seen some simple examples about converting to PNG, GIF, JPG to and from blobs, but nothing about spatial objects.

Just now I tried using a a spatial object converted to a string (through a quirk in one of the R-tools) with the blob convert tool, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get that back to a spatial object? Sadly I'm no closer. Now you've perked up my curiosity (and annoyance), so I'll play around with it a bit more today, with luck we'll figure it out. 

Alteryx Partner

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'll let you know if I make any progress toward a resolution.

Labels