Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pull the last value from multiple waterfall columns into a new column

HankaRPA
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I am attempting to build a workflow that takes this data in a "triangle" or waterfall type format into a new column. The aspect I'm struggling with here is that I only need to pull the last value (that's not null or 0) for each column. Lastly, I'm trying to pull the value for the right-most column first, and proceed to the next column on the left for the next value.

Dummy Data Triangles.PNG

I tried using a multi-row formula along with an IF statement: IF [F17] = 0 THEN [Row-1:F17] ELSE [F17] ENDIF ; but I'm getting duplicate values for the multi-row. I considered using nested IF statements as well, but I think that would continue to pull in a singular column's last value (output below; new column trying to fill out is "Cumulative Incurred Losses"). I uploaded a dummy excel file with the input file format. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

Dummy Data WF1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
princejindal
9 - Comet

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Edit : Updated the correct workflow.

HankaRPA
5 - Atom

Sample field is a tool I haven't seen utilized/needed to use yet; looks like that was the trick to pulling the last values. Thanks @princejindal !

princejindal
9 - Comet
Glad it helped you. I believe you can also use summarize tool "Groupby" Name and select "Last" for Value.
Labels