Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pull Financial & Crypto Data with Alteryx Macros

alberto_herni
9 - Comet

Few month ago, I was preparing some macros to show in a training session how easy is to connect from Alteryx to APIs and include third party data into our workflows. I was playing with a public free API, Alpha Vantage API, which provides financial market data.

As a result of that exercise I end up creating 3 macros that allows you to pull fresh financial data you can easily introduce in your workflows and reports with Alteryx.

API Information

These tools uses Alpha Vantage API and requires an API Key that provides lifetime access. You can claim your Free API Key here --> Customer Support | Alpha Vantage

* The standard and free API call frequency is 5 calls per minute and 500 calls per day. Please visit Premium API Key | Alpha Vantage if you would like to target a higher API call frequency.

Alteryx Macros

1. Stock FundamentalsThis Tool offers a set of Finance fundamental data covering key financial reports like: Company Overview, Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow, Earnings and also Earning Calendars for N12M or IPO Calendar. 

Stock Fundamentals.PNG

Get this macro from here --> Alteryx Analytics Gallery | Stock Fundamentals

2. Stock Time SeriesThis tool returns raw daily open/high/low/close/volume values, daily adjusted close values, and historical split/dividend events of the global equity specified, covering 20+ years of historical data. 

Stock Evolution.PNG

Get this macro from here --> Alteryx Analytics Gallery | Stock Time Series

3. CryptoCurrencies FX Rates This tool returns Cryptocurrencies Daily Exchange Rates versus most common Currencies.

Crypto Evolution.PNG

Get this macro from here --> Alteryx Analytics Gallery | CryptoCurrencies FX Rates

Please share your thoughts and report any bugs 😉

Alberto Hernandez

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for sharing @alberto_herni!

I love seeing API integration highlighted and how you can pull the data directly into your workflows. 

Labels