Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pull Data

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to find the best way to accomplish this, I'm receiving updated data in a daily basis in excel format and want to transfer specific cells from this excel file based on the date column and transfer it to Master excel sheet. 

as an example In the attached sheet i want to transfer data to master excel sheet based on date ( but it will be in a daily basis therefore if today is 2nd Aug so i want to transfer the data belong to 1st Aug only)

Thanks,

MA 

12 REPLIES 12
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar I mocked up a workflow that use datetimenow and datetimeadd formulas to worked out the previous day and filter records that only match. Let me know what you think?

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks and much appreciated.

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis 

Just another challenge related of transferring the data, How to add another formula or workflow to pick the data based on specific dates such as two days of weekends for whole year as well.

Example:

You helped me for the formula to pick -1 day and how to include to pick weekends (2 days) data as well.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar I amended the formula within the formula tool I have added in If which will test what day is when the workflow is run. If Monday then - 2 days else -1 days. 

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JosephSerpis  for your prompt respond, i just checked your solution but the issue here i want to include the data for two days (Weekends):

Example:

If today is Monday and run the workflow it should capture the updated data during Saturday & Sunday not only Saturday.

Regards,

Mostafa

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar there a number of ways you can do this with the attached I came up with two ways you could do this.

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JosephSerpis  the provided two ways solution capturing -2 days only and giving me the result in case of today is Monday provided me Saturday data only.

However what i need is in case of today is Monday should capture Saturday & Sunday (both) data so what is the formula fulfill this request.

Thanks,

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mostafa_Anwar the formula are configured if it Monday to bring data for Saturday and Sunday. When I tested it pulled both days. Are you able to provide some test data?

Twodates.PNG

Mostafa_Anwar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @JosephSerpis  i got the results but in a separate columns so how to gather both days (Saturday & Sunday) data to be captured in Date field only instead of Dynamic_Filter_Date columns.

Thanks,

Labels