Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publishing output to Tableau Online with Publish to Tableau Server Macro

lindbergh
7 - Meteor

I am on 10.1.7.12188 and trying to publish a project in Tableau Online with the Publish to Tableau Server tool. But when I run the workflow the TDE does not appear in Tableau Online. I know I have the proper connection string because it is able to access Tableau Online and pull the list of projects. Anything suggestions to resolve?

2 REPLIES 2
russellchance
5 - Atom

On the "Output" tab of the settings box - is the checkbox for "Refresh project name list" still checked? If so, uncheck that box and run your workflow again. The data source will not actually publish to your server if that box is checked. (I know - I ran it like 15 times before I realized you had to one it once with the box checked to get the project list, and then run it without the box checked to actually publish).

Hope this helps,

Russell

lindbergh
7 - Meteor

That solved it. Thanks!

Labels